A lot of older adults often need long-term care. Many of them prefer to receive such care in their homes.
The Advantage of Home Care
Taking advantage of home care services in Philadelphia allows your senior family members to stay at home while getting the assistance they need. Care providers can lend a helping hand to clients on a variety of tasks.
Reminding Older Adults About Meds
One such assistance that care professionals can provide is reminding clients about their meds. But just because carers from a reputable home care agency can remind your loved ones about their meds doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything to help.
Here are top medication reminder tips you can use:
- Use pillboxes that have compartments for every day of the week. These organizers are great for those taking multiple meds each day.
- Make your family members’ meds visible and accessible to them. Put the meds on the kitchen counter or bedroom nightstand.
- Post colorful notes on the bathroom mirror or fridge that will remind loved ones what meds to take and when to take them.
- Use alarm apps from their phones.
- Keep a journal of their doses.
Do your aging loved ones prefer home care in Philadelphia? Talk to our staff at Home Care of Philadelphia to know more about how we can help.